Friday 6 April 2012

Poundland Nails?!

I was in Poundland yesterday, and spotted these acrylic nails by the brand 'Allura' (which I'm guessing is their own brand?), the set came with 24 nails and glue, which I've used to fully be able to test the kit, and have so far think that these are pretty average.


You can see that they look like regular nails, however you can see the glue underneath, making them clear that they are false. I have had about 4 of them come off during the day, but I kept the glue in my bag, so it was an easy fix, but after one days wear, you can tell the poor quality of them. I still have them on, and they seem to be lasting okay, but I'm slightly concerned about the glue from the packet, as it smells of superglue, and for my money, I wouldn't be surprised if it is! It says on the box that to remove them you have to soak them in nail polish remover then wipe off the softened nail and glue, I really hope this method works! I'm going to test them over the Easter weekend to see if they really can last, but for £1, I can't complain, I might just use a branded nail glue next time!

Happy Good Friday! And I won't be posting for a few days, (as it is Easter) and I'm going to my Granddads and he only has dial-up internet, which I'm too impatient to use! :-)

2 comments:

  1. thay sound quite good for only being a pound

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nails! They actually look extremely natural. I did NOT notice the glue beneath the nail until AFTER you mentioned it, and I looked more closely at the picture. If you had never mentioned it, I wouldn't have been able to tell at all. Sorry that these nails don't seem that long lasting, though. It seems these would be better worn for a special occasion only. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete