Sunday 4 December 2011

MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner!

Images are not mine, I may of accidentally broken my web cam, so I can't take images from there, and my camera hasn't arrived, sorry! 

MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner in Black
"Enhance your eyes with this amazing Extreme Felt Liner. This easy- to- use pen creates dramatic and powerful eyes- apply in one quick and easy swoop across upper and lower lash lines. For a feline effect, flick line up towards outer corners. "

I needed a new eyeliner, and I usually reach for 'felt' liners as a preference because they're easier to use, so I saw that my Superdrug finally started stocking MUA's Professional line, so I jumped on the bandwagon and bought this eyeliner. Firstly the name strikes me as being 'inspired' by 'Collection 2000's Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner' (which is my favourite all time liner) and the packaging has uncanny resemblance, see here. I do have the Collection 2000 one, and much prefer it, but this is a review of the MUA one so I'll continue. The 'nib' of the liner is a perfect size to apply with, but the 'point' is very flexible, which irritates me in an eyeliner. The colour payoff is good, but I find I have to apply it from the sides of the nib, as the tip doesn't distribute any product? I swatched it in store on my hand and then tried to wipe it off by rubbing it, and it didn't budge! It has long lasting power to everything but water, which is understandable considering it isn't a waterproof liner. I find though that it fades throughout the day. I wish they had a larger colour range, as they currently only stock black, and I'd love to compare the colours to my Collection 2000 one, as I have all four colours in their range. I think this product is okay, and may consider buying it again, but I much prefer paying an extra 99p to purchase my favourite Collection 2000 one.

Product: 7/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Texture: 7/10
Wear: 7/10
Application: 6/10
Packaging: 7/10
Overall: 7/10!

Price: £2.00!
Where to buy?: Superdrug or MUA's Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment