Tuesday 20 December 2011

Where have I been?!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks! Honestly, I've had so much school work, and last week I was in Poland on a school trip!

A lot of people on my twitter were asking what I did in Poland, so this will be a picture heavy post, hope you enjoy!

Krakow Centre, this located the Christmas market which was lovely! I bought a few goodies, but I might include them in a Christmas haul? Thoughts?


Again in the centre, but there was a man who called pigeons and made them do all these tricks? It was really odd, but he seemed to be there every time we were in the centre.

Schindler's factory, if any of you have seen the film Schindler's List, this is the factory it was based on, etc. Our school did not go to laugh or make accusations about the Holocaust, we were there purely based on interest, and experience, we didn't mock the events that occurred in the past, thank you.

A sunset..
We went to briefly visit the Krakow dragon, I won't write out the legend, but I'm sure if you search it, the story will appear. Note, it is real fire, it sprouted fire every 5-6 minutes!
Auschwitz, this is the only picture I will post, as it's the entrance, but this was one of the times in my life where I was stilled to silence. If you didn't know, Auschwitz was a labour camp in World War 2, if you want to know more or see more images, I'm sure you can find them if you search for Auschwitz.

Birkenau. (pronounced Birk-canal)

Auschwitz.
This image is from Birkenau, it's about 10 minutes down the road from Auschwitz and is around 10x the size. It was huge, for information I'm sure you can find lots on the Internet.

I'm glad I went on the trip, we all stayed at a hotel, (yes, all 50 of us), I feel very lucky that I was given the opportunity to go, as I know many other pupils couldn't go because of costs.

More posts should come after my Christmas break, so I'll just leave you with:

Have a lovely holiday, and a happy new year! :)

4 comments:

  1. Those are amazing pictures!

    xoxo,
    Olivia from The Glamour Girls
    http://theglamourgirls1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och Poland! Lovely pics, i love Krakow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Hope you had a lovely new year
    Nice blog:)

    h0lliedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so interesting! I've always been interested in WWII from when I was at school!

    www.houseofkitoire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete